Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Review of the Book "Story Tellers: In Pursuit of Happiness" by: Thomas Jerome Baker

I just finished reading another short book that kept me on the edge of my seat called "Story Tellers: In Pursuit of Happiness." by: Thomas Jerome Baker. This book was extremely good! I felt like I was really in the story myself. The idea of having Elydian be the kingdom of heaven was an interesting yet good one, as well as the head Storyteller's real name be Solomon. I won't ruin the story--you'll have to read the book for yourself--but suffice it to say that it is a book well worth reading!
I have been doing a lot of reviews for other authors lately, but I am still writing for both Textbroker and in my "spare time." Yeah, I have none. lol. Part of being an author meant that I would be constantly writing something somewhere. Not that it matters to me...I enjoy reading and writing. I consider it my luck that I am able to share my stories and poems to others throughout the world. It's getting easier and easier to do too. The world of publishing and books is becoming so different from what it used to be. I have a great idea of how much has changed since I have been published in an anthology before. I had to work with another company or third party in order to get my work published and printed. Many authors pay for their work to be published, and that is a common huge mistake that is made. Any publishing company that asks you to pay for the right to print your work is scamming you. They receive more money off of it than normal from this. It isn't right, but it happens. Enter how hard it is to get published. I had to win my way to publication, f course, by applying to be in the contest in the first place. I had to make sure that I had the document a specific way and everything. I was excited that my poem was one of the many poems chosen to be put into the anthology!
I must admit, however, that I thought being published would mean a lot more in the big scheme of things than it does in actuality. It makes sense though. Well, I am going to get some more reviews done for people and then write some more before I go to see a friend in Evansville. I also have to make some press kits for my books. I haven't done that yet, and I need to. I'm going to stay over there for 4 days, so I won't probably be able to blog or anything for awhile. I am going to get more of my research done for my books. I love my readers, and I am trying to get the stories as accurate and precise as I can! Until then, I hope that you have a great Halloween! Stay safe and dry, as where I am, it is pouring down rain and I don't think the rain is going to stop for quite awhile. Hopefully it will stop soon, but who knows? So do make sure to stay warm and cozy!

Write on!

Kelsey Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment